Sunday, January 12, 2014

toilet training continued...and Sunday Roast!

We have now been toilet training for a week and a half.

It has been going well (I think - I don’t have anything to compare it too however). There were only 3 accidents in the first week, which was fantastic!! This included going to church with no accidentsand putting him on the potty in creche ( I went out before the sermon and put him on, then went out again after the sermon and tried again). After 8 great days we had family christmas on this weekend gone (Saturday). There was so much excitement (and I may have forgotten to take Ob to the toilet!). He had two accidents that day, which was the most he’s had in a day so far. Yesterday was church and he had another accident in creche. Today we had summerfest in the morning and no accidents so far :)

It is also exciting that he’s been going on the big toilet! YAY! Because its hard to cart around a potty and I hate cleaning it out! He’s used the big toilet so far at grandmas, the park, the shopping centre, summerfest and church. Very exciting! He’s also been asking to use it at home. So much easier than a potty!!!

Some things that I would do differently next time:

- STAY diligent in taking him to the toilet (and not expect him to go 3hrs between wees especially after the first week!)
- just have grapes as rewards (I tried to do smarties this time but Ob kept asking me for grapes instead!)

Some things I would definitely do the same:

- the wet/dry questioning! He really understands what its all about! I’m amazed at how quickly he’s cottoned on to what is going on :) Potty training 1-2-3 method is GOLD!

On Sunday we had our first Sunday Roast (hoping to have this as a tradition). It went SO well. I had a 1kg lamb roast and covered it in oil and garlic. Popped it in a pan and covered it in foil and the lid of the roasting pan. I cooked it at 150 degrees from 9.30 till about 11.45 (while we were out for church) and then upped it to 180 till about 12:30. I cooked the veggies in the microwave when we got home at about 11.45 and then put them in the oven for about half an hour to roast. I was so pleased with how it all worked together :) We invited 4 people over (as guinea pigs for the first roast) and it was a lovely afternoon :) Looking forward to many more Sunday Roasts!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinion....